TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CLC collects personal information from you and about you in connection with your use of this Platform. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect through this Platform
- Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, business or personal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Sponsorship Information. For example, this may include the name and address of your sponsor and the terms of your engagement with the sponsor.
- School Information. If you are a student, we may collect the name of your school, class year, and whether you play a sport. If you are a booster or fan, we may collect information about your alma mater and year of graduation.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the services in which you are interested or have considered. We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies.
- Course Information. We may collect information about the courses for which you register and complete.
- Information You Post or Submit. We may collect personal information you post in a public space on our Platform. We may collect personal information that you submit when you upload or enter information into the Platform. This may be information that is required by our school or sponsor.
- Demographic Information. We may demographic information such as your birthdate, age, and zip/postal code. We may also collect your race and gender.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your browser information, device identifier, IP address or operating system type.
- Internet Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your browsing or search history. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CLC collects your personal information in different ways through this Platform. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information when you use this Platform.
- Directly From You. For example, when you register for an account, submit information to the Platform or interact with our customer service team.
- For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include your school and companies that provide sponsorship opportunities. This may also include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform. This information may be provided by the third parties described above.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how CLC may use your personal information include:
- To Provide Our Products, Services and Courses. This could include fulfilling your requests for products and services.
- To Improve Our Products, Services and Courses. We may use your personal information to make our Platform, products, services and courses better. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what interests you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our services. It may also include protecting our Platform or investigating a potential fraud.
- To Create De-Identified Information. We may anonymize, aggregate, strip or otherwise de-identify personal information of identifying characteristics and may use or share that data with third parties.
- As Otherwise Permitted or Required By Law or As We May Notify You. This includes using your information for our legitimate business needs.
- As Requested Or Directed By You Or Our Customers.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways. Please note that we do not control how our customers, including universities, may share your personal information. Please contact your university for more information about its privacy practices.
- We may share your personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include sharing information with other entities within the Learfield IMG College family of companies.
- With Our Customers. This may include your college, university or other educational information. We may also share information at the direction of our customers.
- With Sponsors. This may include companies that offer sponsorship opportunities to you.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform. This may also include vendors who help us understand how your use our Platform.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, this may occur if CLC or Learfield IMG College merges with, is acquired by, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- As Requested Or Directed By You. This may include instances where you ask us to share your personal information with a third party, including a university or a marketing vendor.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You At the Time of Collection.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at privacy@LearfieldIMGCollege.com
. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
Your Privacy Rights:
CLC operates this Platform to process your personal information on behalf of our customers. You may have rights under applicable law (including the California Consumer Privacy Act, the General Data Protection Regulation or other local law) to request things like access to, or correction or deletion of, your personal information. We recommend that you contact your university to determine what rights you have and how you can exercise them.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you may still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies: You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using. For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Flash Cookies: You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- Google Analytics: We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Email Tools: You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. This includes third-party sites that offer resources and content which you can access through our Platform. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at privacy@LearfieldIMGCollege.com.
You may also write to us at the following address:
Learfield IMG College
2400 Dallas Parkway, Suite 500,
Plano, TX 75093
CHANGES IN POLICY
© Learfield IMG College, 2021.